FILMS IN PROGRESS 32 - SAN SEBASTIÁN
September 25, 26 and 27, 2017
Deadline : June 30
Films in Progress, the twice-yearly gathering at the San Sebastian and Toulouse Festivals, opens the call for submissions to its 32nd edition; the deadline is June 30.
This year will see first presentation of the Film Factory Award, consisting of the pre-buy of the worldwide distribution rights for one of the films selected for a minimum guaranteed of 40,000 euros going to the main producer of the film. If the rights are for the whole world except Spain, the minimum guaranteed will be of 30,000 euros.
Films in Progress has the objective to promote the completion of Latin American feature films having difficulties at the post-production stage and to promote their international distribution. The feature films must have a runtime of more than 60 minutes and they must be produced totally or partially by producers from Latin American countries.
This initiative has contributed to the completion and dissemination of outstanding Latin American productions. Films presented at the last three editions of Films in Progress San Sebastian, including La Familia (The Family), by Gustavo Rondón, Aquí no ha pasado nada (Much Ado about Nothing) by Alejandro Fernández Almendras, Era o Hotel Cambridge by Eliana Caffé, Ixcanul by Jayro Bustamante, La Mujer de Barro (The Mud Woman) by Sergio Castro and Rara by Pepa San Martín (Horizontes Award in 2016), have participated in and landed awards at important international festivals such as Cannes, Berlin, Rotterdam and Sundance.
Films in Progress 32, to take place on September 25, 26 and 27, will coincide with the VI Europe-Latin America Co-production Forum and Glocal in Progress with a view to generating professional synergies while promoting co-productions and the international circulation of films.
- Films in Progress Industry Award. Presented by the companies Deluxe Spain, Dolby Iberia, Laserfilm Cine y Video, Nephilim Producciones, No Problem Sonido, and Wanda Visión, this award consists of the post-production services listed in the Award Rules for the winning film.
- Film Factory Award consisting of the pre-buy of the worldwide distribution rights of one of the films selected for Films in Progress 32 for a minimum guaranteed of 40,000 going to the main producer of the film. If the rights are for the whole world except Spain, the minimum guaranteed will be 30,000 euros. The other terms and conditions of the agreement will be negotiated by the parties at a later date.
- CACI / Ibermedia TV Films in Progress Award for the winning film of the Films in Progress Industry Award. Presented by the Conference of Ibero-American Cinematographic Authorities (CACI) through the Ibermedia Programme, this award consists of including the film in the Programme of Subsidies for television broadcasting: authorisation of non-exclusive broadcasting on Ibermedia TV and Ibermedia Digital for 20,000 USD (feature film) or 8,000 USD (documentary).
- The feature films presented must be a minoritaire or major latin american production
- The lenght of the feature film in its final version must be superior to 60 minutes
- The registrated film must be at the post-production stage (minimum first cut)
The cut submited for the evaluation must be subtitled in English or in Spanish if it is not spoken in spanish
- There is no charge of fees for the registration
- The inscription have to be done online: here
- Deadline : June 30
Festival de San Sebastián
TABAKALERA - Centro Internacional de Cultura Contemporánea
Departamento de Películas
Plaza de las Cigarreras, 1, 2ª planta
20012 Donostia – San Sebastián (España)
Tel.: +34 943 481212
Cinélatino, Rencontres de Toulouse
11-13 Grande Rue Saint Nicolas
31 300 Toulouse (Francia)
T: +33 561 32 98 83 - F: +33 561 32 68 31
WE THANK THE PARTNERS OF FILMS IN PROGRESS
Centre National du Cinéma et de l’image animée (C.N.C) - Région Occitanie - Conseil Départemental de la Haute-Garonne - Mairie de Toulouse - Caisse Centrale d’Activités Sociales du personnel des industries électriques et gazières (C.C.A.S) - Ciné + - Commune image - Confédération Internationale des Cinémas d’Art et d’Essai (C.I.C.A.E) - Eaux Vives - Europa Distribution - Firefly - Mactari - Titrafilm - La Cinéfondation - l‘École Supérieure d’Audiovisuel (E.S.A.V) - Gaumont Wilson - Le-loKal Production - Producers Network (Cannes) - Signis - Europa Creativa Media - Programa Ibermedia - CACI (Conferencia de Autoridades Cinematográficas Iberoamericanas) - Deluxe Spain - Dolby Iberia - Laserfilm Cine y Video - Nephilim producciones - No Problem Sonido - Wanda Visión