FILMS IN PROGRESS 33 TOULOUSE
MARCH 22ND & 23RD 2018
Deadline for presenting a work-in-progress:
January the 31st 2018
Films in Progress, a joint initiative between Cinélatino, Rencontres de Toulouse and the San Sebastian Festival, endeavours to facilitate the completion of rigorously selected independant latinoamerican films. They are facing difficulties in finding their way into the post-production stage. Since 2002, this double event presents an annual selection of 12 works-in-progress in two sessions: 6 films in Toulouse in march and 6 films in september in San Sebastián.
Films in Progress allows for these films to be finalized, it gives them an international visibility among professionals and promotes their circulation and exhibition.
Films in progress encourages the meeting and cooperation between the producers of the selected works-in-progress and european partners to make the films reach screens and audiences, with more than 300 profesionnals, amongst the most influencial on the european and international level, which take part each year to these two sessions. Films in progress is the unmissing and strategic meeting point with the latin american films.
In this difficult context and within big transformations, Films in Progress has for objective to contribute in an efficient way, not only to help finishing the selected movies and improve their international enhancement, but also to bring them in the circuit of distribution and marketing. In 2017 the movies supported by Films in Progress have been selected in the main Film festivals, and most of them have been released in France: La novia del desierto by Valeria Pivato and Cecilia Atan (Sélection Un Certain Regard, Cannes, Festival de San Sebastián), Los Perros by Marcela Said (Semaine de la Critique, Cannes, Festival de San Sebastián), La Familia (Semaine de la Critique, Cannes , Festival de San Sebastián), Temporada de Caza de Natalia Garagliola (Settimana Internazionale della Critica di Venezia, Festival de San Sebastián)
Main of contemporary latin-american directors have been revealed and supported at one point by Films in Progress : Pablo Larraín, Jayro Bustamente, Ciro Guerra, Emiliano Torres, Pepa San Martín, Christopher Murray, Juan Sebastián Mesa, Lorenzo Vigas, Mariana Rondón, Alejandro Fernández Almendras, Sebastián Lelio, Juan Andrés Arango, Amat Escalante, Benjamín Ávila, William Vega… and a lot more.
By involving film professionals capable of contributing to the post-production, and by encouraging distributors and promoters to diversify their offer, San Sebastian and Toulouse hope to develop and strenghten, with as much pragmatism and efficiency as possible, respect for and the promotion of cultural diversity based on a spirit of solidarity and cooperation.
- Toulouse's Films in Progress Award consists in 48.850 € of post-production services to be made in France, offered by prestigious organisations: a residence in Paris by the CCAS, audio post-production from Mactari, tecnicals works from Titra TVS, color correction program by Firelfly, auditorium and material for he calibration from Commune Image and the coordindaton of the post-production from Eaux vives.
- Ciné + Award consists in the guarantee of a purchase to the french distributor of the winning film for the amount of 15.000 euros by Ciné + broadcast
- European Distributors and Exhibitors Award consists in the promotion of the winning film in the networks of 120 distributors of Europa Distribution and in the 2.000 exhibitors of CICAE.
- The feature films presented must be a minoritaire or major latin american production
- The lenght of the feature film in its final version must be superior to 60 minutes
- The registrated film must be at the post-production stage (minimum first cut)
- The cut submited for the evaluation must be subtitled in English or in Spanish if it is not spoken in spanish
- There is no charge of fees for the registration
- The inscription have to be done online: here
Dead line : January the 31st 2018
In the case that the film is selected:
- the director and the producer have to be in Toulouse on march 21st, 22nd and 23rd 2018
- the film must be subtitled in english
- the screening format is Blu Ray (3 copies for back up)
The selection will be anounced early march
Cinéma en Construction Toulouse
11-13 Grande Rue Saint Nicolas
31 300 Toulouse
+ 33 561 32 98 83
Eva Morsch Kihn
WE THANK THE PARTNERS OF FILMS IN PROGRESS