Director of photography:
Juan Daniel Ortiz
Jorge (27) lives on a coffee plantation in the middle of a forest-covered valley. He is the only member of his generation who has decided to stay in the countryside. For some months now nobody has wanted to pick the beans and his harvest has been hit by a severe plague. The local festivities are approaching and with them the reunion with his first love and his childhood friends, who come home from the city. After a weekend of celebration only fire can turn into ashes the ghosts from his past.
- Audiovisaul production. Comisión Fílmica Medellín. 2019.
- Fiction Feature Film. FDC Proimágenes Colombia 2018.
- Coproduction Feature Films. Region Nouvele Aquitaine. Francia. 2018.
- Feature Films Scripts. Region Nouvele Aquitaine. Francia. 2018.
- Premio de Desarrollo de largometraje de ficción, FDC Proimágenes Colombia 2016
- WIP Latam. San Sebastián 2020.
- Writting residence. Le Moulin d'Andé. 2018.
- Cinéfondation. Residencia del Festival de cine de Cannes. Paris 2017.
- Foro de coproducción Europa América Latina. Festival de Cine de San Sebastián 2017.
- Cinema development. Taller de desarrollo de proyectos . Cinélatino Toulouse 2017.
- Laboratorio internacional de Guión de Cinefilia. Medellín 2015.
- Diplomado Internacional de guión Universidad Santiago de Cali. 2015.
Juan Sebastián Mesa was born in Medellín, Colombia in 1989. Photographer and cofounder of Monociclo Cine. Holds a degree in audiovisual communications with studies in scriptwriting and contemporary narrative. His first feature film Los Nadies (2016) won the audience award at the Venice Critics Week 2016. His most recent short film Tierra Mojada (2017) was part of the Venice Orizzonti Competition, Sundance Official Selection and Clermont-Ferrand International Competition.
Venice 2017, Orizzonti, Sundance 2018, Clermont-Ferrand 2018
- Los Nadie, fiction feature, 2016
Monociclo Cine is a Colombian production company focused on the development and production of film projects of new directors. Our first feature film Los Nadie, 2016. It was the opening of the FICCI 56 and the Audience award in the 31. Venice Critics' Week; with this film we break into the film industry as a daring team. Our short film Tierra Mojada has been part of the competitions of Venice, Sundance and Clermont Ferrand.