CALL FOR PROJECTS
For the second time, France 3 Occitanie, the Occitanie Pyrénées-Méditerranée region and Cinélatino come together for the purpose of supporting the regional documentary production by raising it to an international dimension. The three partners launches the second call for documentary projects destined to support and monitor an audiovisual production society established in Occitanie which is developing a project in connection with Latin America. The winning project will be coproduced by France 3 Occitanie, accompanied by the Occitanie Pyrénées-Méditerranée region and will benefit from visibility and monitoring by Cinélatino, Rencontres de Toulouse.
- France Télévisions will support the winner documentary production under the usual conditions established by France 3 in the context of coproduction and prepurchases in region.
- The winning film must correspond to the technical, financial and editorial requirements of France Télévisions.
- France Télévisions will air the winner documentary in its regional programs on one or several regional channels of the France 3 network.
- The Occitanie / Pyrénées-Méditerranée region will accompany the project
- Cinélatino commits to schedule the film, make the festival’s professional platform available and communicate information about the film inside its network.
26 production companies based in Occitania take part to the call for projects
If you have a project, you can contact the production companies from the list.
L’Homme caché, coproduced by Les Films Figures Libres, winner of the first call for projects
The project selected at the first call for projects in 2015 was L’homme caché by Sergio Castro (Chile), a coproduction of Les Films Figures Libres (Occitanie) and Storyboard Media (Chile). The film was aired on France 3 Occitanie on the 20th and 22nd of March 2017 and was projected at the closing ceremony of the documentary section of Cinélatino the same year. The project also now exists in a fiction version, 90 min lenght, El Negro, crónica de un fugitivo, which is also coproduced by Les Films Figures Libres and Storyboard Media. The film will be distributed in France by the distribution society, BelleZimages (France).