France 3 Occitanie
Occitanie / Pyrénées-Méditerranée Region
Cinélatino, Rencontres de Toulouse
For the second time, France 3 Occitanie, the Occitanie/Pyrénées-Méditerranée Region, and Cinélatino, Rencontres de Toulouse have united in order to support local documentary production by making a second call for projects, with the aim to support and help a production society established in Occitanie which develops a project linked to Latin America.
18 submitted projects
6 pre-selected projects to participate to Films in Development:
- SOMOS MUCHAS MÁS by María Emilia Abate Cano and Julia Martínez Heimann, presented by C-P Productions (Annie Gonzalez) et ACA
- SOY NIÑO by Lorena Zilleruelo, presented by Minimum Moderne (Eric Dufour) and Capicua Films
- BIS 31 BIS by Gabriela Gonzalez Fuentes, presented by Pages&Images (Youssef Charifi) and Motoneta Cine
- UAICURAPA by Didier d'Abreu, presented by Tripode Productions (Delphine Schmit)
- DIÁLOGO by Celina Murga, presented by Bâton Rouge (Pierre-André Belin) and Tresmilmundos Cine
One winning project:
SOY NIÑO by Lorena Zilleruelo (Chile)
At the age of 12, Andrea decided to become David. His parents no longer had a daughter, mine no longer had a niece, and I had a new cousin. David reassured us, explained that he had always been a boy, but in a body that wasn't his. Today, David is 18. His masculine body has developed through the effects of testosterone. He is a gentle and happy teenager, beset by teenager concerns and by those implied by his new identity. Each in their own way, the people around him manage their convictions, apprehensions and questions. His parents' initial despair was quickly transformed into a militant defense of LGBT rights. At school, students and teachers accept David. He is preparing to become a physical education teacher, to help others accept and care for their bodies.
- The winning project will receive €52 000 as support from France 3 Occitanie, including €42 000 in the form of support to production.
- Cinélatino, Rencontres de Toulouse will help the film with its professional platform all along the way, including during its showing.
- The film will be broadcasted on France 3 Occitanie and will be screened during the next edition of Cinélatino, Rencontres de Toulouse.